Monday, December 17, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
Hayden Lynn was born November 30th. She weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces and was 20 inches long. She has been so good! She's just a tiny little peanut! Zach and I feel so lucky to have her join our family!
Proud Papa! Zach can't stop smiling!
I will never forget the look on Avery's face the first time she saw Hayden. It was like Christmas morning! She was so excited and has been such a good big sister!
Friday, November 23, 2007
Tag, I'm It!
1.The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about!
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names.
1. I LOVE my family! Zach is the most helpful, loving, fun person and I am so thankful for him. He never complains and makes every situation fun. Avery is so sweet and has the cutest personality. She definately has a lot of "SPUNK" and keeps us on our toes. It's worth it all when she crawls into our bed in the morning and says "I love my mom and dad!" then wants us to have a group hug. We are so excited to have Hayden with us as well.
2. I have a major sweet tooth! Brownies are among my favorites. Avery and I love to bake...we are also the ones who love to eat it. Another bad thing is that I have little self control and never quite know when to say no. I personally think desserts should be an everyday thing!
3. I love to read. Back to the whole self control thing, I can't just pick up a book and read for a little while. That just makes me grouchy to have to put the book down. For that reason, I don't read as much as I would like to. Having a two year old to play "dollies" with doesn't allow for much time. My latest book was "A Thousand Splendid Suns". It's now one of my favorites.
4. I love my extended family! I really feel so lucky to have the parents, brothers and sisters, in-laws, grandparents (and on and on) that I do. Both the Jacobs and the Allens are the best and Zach and I love being with our families. We have so much fun playing games, sports, vacationing and teasing each other.
5. I love photography and would someday like to learn more about it. It would be great to take a photography class and even better to have a fancy little camera...hint hint Zach! I think it's awesome to be able to capture a moment and have it forever!
6. I love travelling. We don't do it as much as I would like, but seeing new places is so exciting for me. No surprise, Hawaii is among my favorites but I would really love to see Europe. Hopefully someday we'll make it there.
Ok, I tag: NIKKI, KELLEY, RYAN, HEIDI, BARBARA, and KELLIE!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
My doctor finally scheduled me for an inductions. It's not as early as we had thought it would be, but I am learning patience. November 30th is the big day if I haven't gone into labor on my own by then. That's our latest news. Avery got crawled into bed with me this morning and asked "Mom, is the baby STILL in your tummy?" She's excited and will be a great big sister!
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
So obviously we went with the Snow White theme this year thanks to Avery. She loved it...especially calling Zach "Prince Charming" which has become his name the last few days. She'll come ask me "mom, where's Prince Charming?" or call out to him "Oh, Prince Charming!". Zach would even have to admit that he was excited about his costume. Seriously, it was his idea to wear the tights.
The Jacobs brothers at the annual family Halloween party. Who knew they were so festive?
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
What is his name? Zachary Morgan Jacobs
How long have you been together? Married 5 1/2 years
How long did you date? About 1 1/2 years before we were married
Who's older? Z is by a year
Who eats more? Hmmm...we both eat about the same. Unless it's a steak, then he's the winner on that one!
Who said I love you first? Zach. I think I had a panic attack!
Who is taller? Zach by about 4 inches. He would say atleast 5 though!
Who sings better? Probably me but Zach is awesome to sing any song with Avery and he usually sings the hymns.
Whose temper is worse? Definately me. Only on rare occasions does Zach lose his temper but it has happened.
Who does the laundry? Me, but Zach helps when he can.
Who does the dishes? We both do but Zach usually does a better job.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me. It's closest to Avery's room. Go figure who gets up in the night with little missy.
Who pays the bills? Me. I'm the spender in the family.
Who mows the lawn? Zach, now that we have a riding lawn mower Avery helps too. I think Z thinks its a toy though.
Who cooks dinner? Me.
Who drives when you are together ? Zach
Who is more stubborn? Me....for sure!
Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Zach. He has a lot to teach me about humility!
Whose parents do you see the most? We see them both quite often.
Who kissed who first? He kissed me first. Sore subject, don't bring it up!
Who asked who out? Zach asked me. We met when he came over to ask my roommate out. Luckily he asked me out instead. Thank goodness!
Who proposed? Zach did. He hung my ring by a string on the Christmas tree. It was Christmas Eve. He first had to beat my dad in a game of HORSE before he could ask me. (My dad's rules) I actually think it was the first and only time anyone has beaten my dad in HORSE. Sounds a little suspicious to me. Let's just say my dad REALLY likes Zach!
Who is more sensitive? Me. Of course!
Who has more friends? We have about the same. We hang out more with his friends though. A lot of mine don't live close. It's all the same though, at this point his friends are mine and vice versa.
Who has more siblings? Same amount. I am the oldest of 6, he is the youngest of 6.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Just to update you all, I am almost 32 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Avery is insistent that we name her "Cowgirl". Sadly, Zach and I are growing quite fond of the name...I think it's one that will stick. Probably not on the birth certificate though. As of now, we are thinking of Hayden Lynn "Cowgirl" Jacobs but we are open to suggestions! At my last drs appointment, my doctor said that if all went well and I was ready, he would induce labor at 38 weeks which would be around November 24th. Yeah! I guess he was tired of me asking what I could do about all of the pains I have been having. We'll keep you posted on things.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Two of the most amazing people I know. My grandpa Allen passed away Sept 24th and will be missed by everyone who knew him. He was one of those special people everyone wishes to have in their lives. He was truly one of my heroes, one of my best friends, and the best example anyone could look up to. I am so glad to know that I will see him again and feel so lucky to have had such a special relationship with him. I am proud to be his granddaughter...Gramps, I love you so much!
My Grandparents loved the Jitterbug! Here they partied away at their surprise 50th Wedding Anniversary. Aren't they so cute! They set the best example of how to love someone, because they loved each other and all of us so much.
Anyone who knew my grandpa knew that he loved to make everyone laugh, and he did! Here he is telling me a secret joke! Not only did he make everyone laugh, he made everyone feel that they were special. He always told me how beautiful I was...I was the most beautiful girl in the world, then he would give me the biggest bear hug and tell me he loved me. I still believe him even though he told that to all of his daughters and granddaughters!