My parents made my girls this amazing doll house. The girls love it! And so do I! It's so fun-I wish you could see all the little details. There is crown molding, shingles on the roof, clothes in the dresser drawers, linoleum, hardwood floors, mirrors, and even little framed pictures of our family. The rooms are actually decorated to look like some of the rooms in our house. The furniture is made of some fabric remnants I used in our house. What a treasure this is! Thanks mom and dad for the amazing Christmas gift! We love it.
Hayden started getting the hang of opening presents, although she had lots of help from Avery.
Cousins: Eden, Avery, Hayden, Sophie, Emery. Just waiting patiently for the gifts.
More Barbie stuff! Avery was in heaven. This was a make-up kit from my grandma. Avery takes it to bed with her and the last thing she does before falling asleep is put on her make-up. She thinks she is a teenager!
Hope you all had a great Christmas!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Monday, December 29, 2008
Playing in the snow. The girls love building snowmen and snow angels. We don't last too long, but it's a blast!
Decorating gingerbread houses. Of course Avery is in her princess dress. Gotta look good!
They LOVED temple square. We loved how many different Nativity scenes there were. Good reminder of what Christmas is all about!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Our baby is ONE! I can't believe Hayden has been a part of our family for a year. It seems like she's been with us forever, yet yesterday that we brought her home. She has been an amazing addition to our family. She is the sweetest little thing and we love her so much!
Of course Avery thinks the gifts are for her. She says that she's just helping Hayden though. Right.
And that's that. Good birthday cake Mom.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
This should be interesting!
1. Did you date someone during highschool? Yes, but not one person for longer than a few months. I always liked and dated someone, but I was a little fickle...hence the reason for not having a serious boyfriend.
2. What kind of car did you drive? An '89 Buick Park Avenue. It was GOLD, none-the-less and my friends liked me to drive because it fit so many people. It was considered a luxury vehicle though I never fully appreciated it. I remember Ashton Buswell asking me if he could drive it on a date we went on because of how sweet it was. Obviously he could appreciate a fine piece of machinery. Finally my senior year I got a cute little red Honda Civic hatchback (Big Red).
3. What was your most embarrassing moment? When I was in the 4th of July parade going into my senior year I went to jump off of the float to do a stunt and instead of landing on my feet, I seemed to stumble and land on my knees. I was a little bloodied and the football team just so happened to be on the float behind us. Good times.
4. Were you a party animal? No.
5. Were you a flirt? At the time I didn't think so, but looking back, if I'm being honest, yes-I think so!
6. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Choir
7. Were you a nerd? Not a total nerd, but I had some nerd in me. Like running to the lunch line, wearing pjs to school, AP classes etc, etc, etc.
8. Were you on any teams? 9th grade-volleyball, 11th and 12th-cheerleading.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? refer back to question 7. Not a chance!
10. Can you still sing the fight song? Probably, give me a minute to think...
11. Favorite teachers? Mr. Prisk, Ms. Duetry, Mrs. Heiter, Mrs. Reed
12. Where did you sit during lunch? After I ran to the lunch line, I ate in the cafeteria of course, then on to "the Wall" to hang out and look cool because I was sitting at "the Wall".
13. What was your school name? Weber High
14. What was your mascot? Warrior
15. Who did you go to Homecoming with? Tim Anger, Marc Ropelato, Marc Ropelato
16. Would you do highschool all over again? Maybe for two weeks. It was the best!
17. What do you remember most about graduation? Playing wallyball at the all-night party then feeling sad that I wasn't going to see half the people I went to school with. Boy was I wrong, I haven't seen 3/4 of them! Graduation was fun, but I was just looking forward to the party. We never slept then ate at Jeremiahs for breakfast.
18.Where did you go senior skip day? Pineview...I think!
19.Were you in any clubs? Honor Society, FBLA
20. Who was your Prom date? DJ Russell, Tyler Buswell, Dave Ballard
21.Are you planning on going to your ten year reunion? Probably
22.Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Don't worry about the little things, in the end, they don't matter. Try harder to include others and don't be such a scaredy-cat about talking to people you don't know.
I tag...ALL OF YOU!!
Saturday, November 1, 2008
It all started at the Pumpkin Patch. Avery loved picking her pumpkin with her cousins.
Then to the Pumpkin Carving Contest. Zach won for the second year in a row. I don't know how it happened, but another year of him gloating.
Our girlies as cute little witches.
Strike a pose. She's gotten so good at this!
Love it when we walk in to the ward Halloween party being one of the VERY few actually dressed up. Hey, at least we are festive and at least my Primary kids thought I was cool!
Hope everyone had a fun Halloween!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
I know I am a little late, but my dad and Zach's birthdays were last week, so Happy Birthday to them! They are my favorite guys and I love them so much. Oddly, they are so much alike: funny, funny, funny, giving, optimistic, strong, athletic, family-oriented, happy and amazing people. Happy Birthday, love you both!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Avery going to her first day of dance. She loved it!
First day of preschool. She was nervous and kept saying "I'm not a big kid, I don't think I can go to school." After she realized it was little kid school, she was so excited. Here she is showing off her backpack.
Nikki, me, Ryan. Ryan is in Dental School at NYU. My sister Nikki, her hubby Tyson, Zach and I went to visit him and his little family.
Zach and I in Little Italy. I loved it, it was such a fun little place.
Tyson, Nikki, Ryan, Katie, Josh, Zach and me.
Thursday, September 4, 2008
View of the city.
Nikki and me at Times Square.
Empire State Building
We had a great time in NY. We also hit some musicals: Wicked, and Mamma Mia. Zach's favorite time was at the Yankees game. There's so much to do, hopefully we'll make it back again soon. Thanks Ryan and Katie for a fun time and thanks to my family who watched the girls so Zach and I could have a great get away!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
We went to the Coldwater Fish Farm in North Ogden with my family. Avery had a great time! She loved holding the fish (but only the little ones). She caught the fish so fast, before we knew it our bucket was full of trout we would never eat (yeah for paying by the pound!) A couple days after the fishing adventure, after we had put Avery to bed, I heard a little "help me" coming from Avery's room. Avery was stuck on top of her dresser. As I helped her down, I noticed her dresser was wet. I scanned my surroundings and quickly realized something was amiss. Our little Beta fish Ella was oddly contorted in her fish bowl. The tears soon started to flow (from both me and Avery). She said "mom Ella looked scared". More tears. After we had calmed down (and Ella had made it to her final porceline resting place) I got the story. Avery decided that like the trout, she wanted to hold Ella. She climbed on top of her dresser, got Ella out and while holding her, dropped her on the carpet. Avery climbed down the dresser, picked up Ella, and carried her back up her dresser and put her back in her bowl. Avery has since asked Heavenly Father in her prayers to let Ella come home from Heaven. It was a sad day. Goodbye Ella. Poor poor Ella.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Fireworks extravaganza! Hayden and Avery loved the fireworks. I was just glad everyone came away unharmed. I got a little nervous when the gas can came out, but all went well!
North Ogden Pool with Ryan and Katie. The girls loved being with their cousin, Josh.
The Treehouse Museum is always a hit
Dinosaur Park is a lot of fun. Especially after Avery has realized that they are not for real and the growling sounds coming from the speakers are fake too.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Avery's Uncle Chris has three horses that we love to ride. We always have a lot of fun hanging out with Grandpa Jake and Big Chris.
Cache Valley Triathalon. Matt, Zach and John Thompson. They all did an awesome job, I'm always amazed that they are smiling at the finish line. I guess they're just glad to be done! We had a lot of fun watching and cheering them on. Good job guys!
My brother Scott left for his mission in Forth Worth, Texas. We know he'll do an awesome job and we miss him a ton already! Whenever anyone asks Avery how old she is she tells them "I'll be five when Scotty gets home" luckily living in Utah most people understand what she is saying. He's an awesome uncle and we hope these next two years go by fast!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Avery is loving posing for the camera. She's getting to be such a big girl! She loves dress ups, singing and driving to her friend's house in her beetle to pick them up for a ride. She is such a great big sister to Hayden.
Already Hayden is tired of all the picture taking! She is such a sweet girl. She's just happy and content. She loves Avery and loves making faces.
This is my favorite picture of the girls. They are the best and we love them so much. They love each other, which is amazing as a mom to see.
One of Hayden's new sad faces. She's done with the pictures...Avery can't get enough of the camera!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
We had a fun week! Zach did the St. George Triathalon, which he did great in. Unfortunately because of the conditions, the swim part was cancelled, but he did awesome in the bike and run. We spent a few days in St. George swimming and hanging out. Then off to Disneyland we went. The girls were ridiculously great on the car ride (thank goodness!) and our only set back was running off fumes in the desert...luckily we made it to a remote gas station where we were able to fill up...at a whopping rate of $4.80/gallon. Disneyland was lots of fun and thanks to my family, Zach and I were even able to ride some "big kid" rides while they watched the girls. Thanks to my family for a great trip!
Sunny St. George!
Mason, Ryan, Matt and Zach
She makes thunder thighs look good! Look sideways, it's worth the effort- she's too cute! Anyone know how to rotate a pic after you've uploaded it?
The Happiest Place on Earth
Scott, Aves, Z, Grandma, Mom, Matt, Gramps, Hayden